Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How Do You Know If God's Working On You?

I asked because I don't know the real answer either.

I've been attending The Feast for 2 months now and been reading Bo Sanchez' website for quite sometime, yet I still feel something lacking deep inside me.

Yes, I'm praying regularly now, and I read the Bible, finally.

But there's a voice at the back of my head that's telling me to use my anointing to spread His word more. Do you think it's God's voice? Perhaps.

Natural Born Writer

I can't exactly remember when I first started writing.

But I can vividly remember the time when my favorite English professor in sixth grade, let's call him Mr. P, chose me to be the school's contender for an essay writing contest.

I love writing, I knew that from the start. But I never expected that someone will notice that I am good at it.

So who won the contest? Me? No. Sadly.

Because I did not compete in the first place.

Before Mr. P chose me to compete for the essay writing, my class adviser, Mrs. C, already chose me to compete for a beauty pageant.

True, I was chosen to join one.

I am not that pretty, I know but my mom told me so.

And perhaps, Mrs. C saw that too. Ehem. Ehem. I know, a couple of people who'd read this would have a violent reaction. (Anyway, want to know who I looked like? Well, a few people said I looked like LJ Moreno. Familiar? If not, okay let's move on. Haha. I know she's not that popular. But really, a few people told me that I looked like her - actually there were only 2 :D )

I did join the pageant, but totally gave up the essay writing contest.

I know, wrong move.

Because I moved away from my anointing.

The end result: I only landed 3rd runner up while my classmate, J, who was sent to compete for the essay writing instead, won the 1st prize and enjoyed the perks of being a winner - she was sent to another province to compete for the regional level.

That was one important lesson that I learned, but did not practice after.

Only last 2004, I decided to use my skill as a writer to uplift myself and finish college.

There were times that I wanted to give up writing for good, but I had that burning desire in my heart to finish my course and prove to everyone that I can achieve something.

And indeed, I graduated.

You might ask, "Are you still working as a writer?" Yes, I still do.

Writing for God

Before I continue, let me share to you what happened two hours ago.

When I was about to begin this part, the power suddenly died.

For the 4 long months that I've been staying here in my place alone, this was the very first time that a power interruption occurred.

Call it coincidence, or call it simply as power interruption.

But for me, while waiting for the 2 long dreadful hours without power, I thought there's another one working aside from God.

Yes, I guess you read my mind right.

Because how come at the same time when I was about to write on the topic "Writing for God" the power died.

But I wouldn't analyze further.

I'll just continue until I finish this blog, even if it takes me up to wee hours of the morning.

Writing for God, Finally

Writing is my anointing and so I'm going to use it to write for God.

I know, I'm not yet good at Bible verses. But I'll try, I promise, to share as much as I know.

To give hope.

To love more.

To share the blessing.

To help heal the wounded.

And to serve God.

My Prayer

Lord, thank you for my anointing.

I know you're working on me right now.

With this blog, I hope to strengthen my relationship with you.


Give me the wisdom to share to others all the life's lessons that I learn each day.

Direct people to this blog so they will be enlightened.

And use me oh Lord to share your words and your goodness through this avenue.

Be with me in fulfilling my life's purpose. In Jesus name, Amen.


1 John 2:20, 27
“But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.

But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.” (ESV)




0 comments:

Post a Comment